This a great upgrade for your modified Golf 1.8T. Perfect for fast road and track use, as fitted to our AIRTEC demo car.
The AIRTEC 1.8 Turbo intercooler kit is a reasonably priced but high-quality alternative from cheap nasty eBay kits & more than capable of doing the same if not better job than more expensive intercooler kits, we take a huge amount of pride in making sure our kits are finished to an extremely high standard and we have a real eye for attention for detail.
AIRTEC front mount intercooler kit includes these parts & features
- 1 x huge 60mm core intercooler with flowed cast end tanks, this means less welding and a stronger Intercooler
- High-quality 4/5ply silicone hoses with no joins (Red,Black, and Blue) which means better flow inside the pipework, finished stainless jubilee clips
- Stainless horn and ambient temperature support brackets with AIRTEC logos
- Retains original crash bar (requires minor cutting, detailed in instructions)
- Retains original fog lights
- No cutting to bumper
- Fitting Instructions and all required fixings
- Requires the rear of the middle grill/bumper area to be trimmed, left and right bumper grilles remain un-cut
- We strongly recommend anniversary lower bumper valance to be installed to help with intercooler clearance
- Unbeatable value for money
- Proven power increases for fast road & track
- Available in Satin Black or Natural Silver
- AIRTEC 3-year unlimited mileage warranty
- Fitting will take 2-4 hours depending on mechanical skill
- Fits all Mk4 1.8T Golfs
Rolling Road Test Results – Stage 1 remap (higher stages of tune will see even bigger gains)
- Standard – Temps Into Intercooler 128 degrees & Out of Intercooler 49 degrees, 12bhp gain in mid-range and standard Intercooler kept losing power
- AIRTEC Intercooler – Temps Into Intercooler 126 degrees & out of Intercooler 23 degrees.
Please note, above test results taken from Seat Cupra R rolling road test, useing thje same intercooler kit, which means you will get the same great result